Thursday, January 31, 2019

Henderson Reid, on your Second Birthday

Oh Henderson Reid,

Being your mom is such a treat! You have determination beyond your years, a smile and laugh that can melt any heart and the most fun loving little spirit. If there is anything I can be sure of it's that you will not let any opportunity pass you by! You are going to do great things in this world!

This year you started to love all things active. You can throw a ball with the best of them. You can ride a scooter fast up and down the street. You are a great climber, hiker and runner. Somehow amid all the activity you are also very cautious. You are constantly checking your surroundings to make sure it is safe to jump or climb. You are the most cautiously brave little guy I have ever seen. I love watching you test yourself and push yourself to try new things. This summer you also LOVED the water. You asked every morning to fill the water table up so you could squirt water all over the backyard. At the pool you would jump right in and let yourself go under the water before popping back up. You are just so brave and always wanting to try new things. I cannot wait to see what you choose to excel at when you get bigger because I know you will be great at whatever sport or activity you choose.

This year you also fell more into your role as a little brother. You love to follow Trace around and play with him. You both love to make each other laugh and have a blast running around and giggling together. You have just about the best laugh ever so Trace loves to see what he can do to make you giggle away! You boys play so well together and I hope you always know what a treasure it is to have a brother and best friend in Trace. He loves you so much! I am so glad you both have each other.

Although we always joke that you are our wild guy, you are always so tender hearted and loving. You give the best hugs and cuddle so well when you slow down enough to do so. You can be such a sweet daddy's boy and make him feel so special when he comes home from work at night. You are so smart and such a great talker. We have the best little conversations where you talk about what you see and share with me how you see the world. You are the littlest cousin and so loved by all your cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.

Henry, you never cease to amaze me. I want you to know I feel very lucky you are more. You are a treasure and a light to all of my days. Thank you for being you! Here's to year number three. I cannot wait to see what it will hold for you.

All my love on your second birthday!
Mom

No comments: