Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Some Serious Nesting

This fall as we awaited the arrival of our baby boy we decided we would focus on completing a few house projects. We replaced our fence in the spring and were ready for a new deck. I have hated our deck for a long time and constantly talked about tearing it out. A few things came together just right and before I knew it my nemesis was on its way out! There are some before, during and after photos of our deck being torn out and replaced with a stamped concrete patio. We didn't get this done until September so I am very anxious to enjoy it this summer!















After the deck was pulled out we needed to patch a couple pieces of siding. In typical If You Give a Mouse a Cookie fashion we decided that once you replace the deck you will need a couple strips of siding so why not re-side the whole house!? Totally makes sense, right? So before I knew it we were getting bids on siding and choosing a color. I had a VERY hard time picking a siding color and was so so nervous as we waited for them to complete the job. I was certain I was going to hate it with all that is in me. But alas I loved it and still do. Below are photos of our house before, during and after the siding redo.



BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
BEFORE
AFTER













I couldn't be more thrilled with how each of these larger house projects turned out. The list is getting shorter but we still have some larger projects to conquer. Next up: new roof, replace the remainder of the windows and replace the carpet in the basement! The fun never ends I tell ya.









No comments: