Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time flies...

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my coaching career and what a crazy little adventure it has been. 

4 1/2 years ago I received my student teaching placement at Nipher and Ladue Middle schools. At that time I decided to contact my high school lacrosse coach to see if she needed "help" while I student taught. Our "help" conversation ended with her saying, "How do you feel about head varsity?" And thus it began 

That spring they needed help with the Central Division Team. I volunteered... and thus it began. 

After three years of Kirkwood I decided to move out to Colorado and figure out what to do with my life. Apartment and moving details were set. I went to the state championship game where someone said, "Would you consider coaching lacrosse full time at Missouri Baptist University?" After many no's I found myself in the office of the MoBap AD... and thus it began. 

NOW: I am getting ready to start my fifth season of coaching lacrosse. I have taken the Central Division Team out east four times. I work camps as college coaching staff. My life is lacrosse... 

and the time has simply flown by. 

No comments: