Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My little man

My nephew, Trey, is one special little dude for a number of reasons. The first of which is his absolute obsession with Santa Clause. If you ask him what he wants to be for Christmas he will say Santa. When you are at his house his obsession is quite apparent as still even in this second week of February he is making everything into a sleigh for Santa to fly around. Below is a picture of him with his favorite Santa and sleigh of the season. His reindeers fit perfectly on his pig and wahlah the pig got the job as Rudolph. As if that's not enough to love this little dude something huge read this story:
On Sunday night I stopped by the Frost's to pick up my laundry after Super Bowl. They were still at their party so I hung with Taylor for a minute. When they got home Trey came running in the door yelling, "Aunt Katie!" He was quickly ushered into his room as it was way past bedtime. I went in to say goodnight, but in his cutest little voice he said, "Aunt Katie, don't leave". My sister let me know that as they turned on to the street he saw my car and yelled, "Aunt Katie is here, Aunt Katie is here!" I agreed to read a book and put him to bed. This was our convo when the book was over:

T: Aunt Katie, will you be here when I wake up?
K: Not tomorrow, buddy, I need to go home
T: Will you spend the night later this week?
K: Sure buddy
T: How about Tuesday?
K: Ha! Well we will see. Why were you so excited when you saw Aunt Katie here?
T: Because I love you!

LOVE HIM! He is seriously one of the greatest, sweetest little people I've ever known.

No comments: