Monday, September 19, 2011

Brunch and Parade

Ever since Tom signed the lease for his apartment on the Greentree Parade route I've been excited to host a brunch there. Not only did I get that opportunity, but it ended up being the first chance for my family to meet his family. (our parents met a few weeks back) We spent a lot of time creating a spread of food which I thought was delicious. I made homemade pumpkin cream cheese pastries, an egg croissant dish, potatoes, and mimosas. I enjoyed preparing all morning and was so excited when everyone came. It was hard to get pictures with the 14 people in the apartment, but I was able to get some of the kids during the parade.

The Frosts were not able to come to breakfast because they were in the parade but I did snap some pictures as they passed by.
The Adorable Bussen Family (Tom's Sister)
Connor had some mixed feelings about all the noises in the parade
Taylor danced by with the high school poms squad
Joe, Dane, and Claire Checking out some of the candy they snagged
Dane was so sweet. He sat and waved at everyone who passed by
The loved running around the front yard with their balloons


Obviously the Rau neices and nephews are a bit more wild than the Mueth side.
Connor was a bit overwhelmed by all the noise and action!
It was an absolutely wonderful morning. We had a great time watching the kids play and it was such a fun way for the sisters all to meet.

No comments: