Sunday, January 17, 2010

NO BIG DEAL!!!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the US Lacrosse National Convention for the fourth time. Each year I go and get so much out of it. This year I was able to hear from the UNC, University of New Hampshire, and Northwestern coaches. These are big names in the women's lacrosse world and lots of information was added to my bank. Lou Holtz spoke on Friday night and he was fun to listen to as well. BUT it must be known that my highlight came during the FCA breakfast. I enjoy going to this event each year. However, this year I got a great surprise. Ever since high school I have really loved the band Dispatch. I especially enjoy the Dispatch Zimbabwe cd and even watch the dvd of the concert. They are my favorite. SO you can't imagine my overwhelming elation when I went to the FCA breakfast only to find that Brad Corrigan, a band member of Dispatch, was receiving the Pete Kohn award. It was freakin awesome. I met him, hugged him, and told him how much I love Dispatch. It was pretty fun for me even though I am not really the star struck type. Now I am working on the opportunity to head to Nicaragua with him--- he goes there to teach lacrosse. A week teaching lacrosse with Brad Corrigan wouldn't be too shabby :)

No comments: