Monday, December 16, 2013

A Very Merry Weekend

This past weekend was a real treat for me. It was full of friends and family and all kinds of holiday spirit. I loved every last minute of it and feel like I may finally be in the holiday spirit. 

Friday night I hosted my moms and sisters and a couple friends for a wine and appetizer party. We exchanged a few of our favorite things and had a great time drinking, eating and chatting. 

me, my sisters and sisters in law
me, my sisters, sisters in law, and moms! a wonderful group of ladies
some of the tasty food
sweet baby Molly







moms cleaning up wine

two sweet friends who fit right in with family

Saturday morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow. We had planned to have breakfast for my sister's birthday and after much debate decided we could all brave the weather. We met at my mom and dad's house around 9:00 am. We had a tasty breakfast then took the kids outside to sled and play. I must say it may be the most fun I have ever had in the snow. The oldest and youngest nieces were the only kids missing. The adults helped hoist the kids up the hill and even took a few rides down the hill themselves. It was a chaotic and VERY fun time.
































After all the fun in the snow the kids settled down on the couch to watch the movie "Planes". All the grandkids were there for that! 


I ended the weekend with a cookie day on Sunday. The annual cookie day at Lizzie's mom's house was a success. We probably made over a thousand cookies of multiple varieties. It was a delicious time full of lots of laughter. It was a great day to end a perfect holiday weekend.


Home Sweet Home... lit up for the holiday.

No comments: