Thursday, January 2, 2014

What a Difference a Year Makes

Never has a phrase been more true. This year has truly rocked my world and while I write this post with tears in my eyes I think it is still important to recap the year. It's also important for me to remember that there was a 2013 before August and before dad's pancreatic cancer. It's important that I not allow the whole year to be marred by all of the trial of the last few months for a year is a full twelve months. So, just as I do every January: here's to 2013  and all of the many ups and downs.

January: Lots of snow
Tom and I enjoyed walks in the snow. This one is through Des Peres Park
February: Our Annual Blues Game Date Night
Tom and I at the Blues Game
March: Adult Easter Egg Hunt 
The family ready to hunt
March: Easter Sunday
Our First Easter Married

April: Visit to Heather for her baby shower
Tulip Festival near Portland, Oregon

Me and prego Heather at Miles' soccer game
May: Lara, Tom and I turn 30!
Tom and I with Lara's fam celebrating her big 3-0 in Nashville
Tom and I celebrate our 30th at home with family
June: Tom gets a new car
Tom's first brand new car
June: Music Festivals in the park and at the garden
Me with my mother in law at the Botanical Garden Music Festival

July: Fourth of July
Our First Married Fourth of July at Kirkwood Fireworks
July: Ashley's 30th at rooftop bar downtown
mom and dad at Ashley's party
All of the "Rau" girls at Ashley's party
the Mueth's at Ashley's party downtown

July: Our bucket list road trip up the California and 
Oregon Coast 
~DEFINITE HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR~
View of California Coast
on a hike in Oregon
in the Redwood Forest
next to Bixby Bridge
Driving on Golden Gate 
Tom in the Redwoods
We are teeny next to those trees
That man did lots of driving...read... i did NONE!
We made it to the top of Humbug Mountain :)
lots of camping and great campsites
Wine tasting in Sonoma
McWay Falls
Meeting sweet baby RJ
Oregon Wineries 
Oregon wineries are BEAUTIFUL!
August: Car Accident on first day of new job :(

August: Coaching Field Hockey at Kirkwood
Kirkwood Field Hockey girls cheer
September: Dad passes on September 15, 2013 after a 3 week battle with Pancreatic Cancer
dad walking me down the aisle October 2012
my buddy and I when I was in high school
Last picture taken of dad at work mowing for a country club

September: Mom gets Tedi
We took mom to look at Golden Doodle puppies. She fell in love with this sweet girl.
Tedi is now mom's puppy and her best buddy.
September: Stride Purple for Pancreatic Cancer
Mom and us kids at Stride Purple
The whole Team Terry group at Stride Purple

October: Augusta Beer Bottoms Festival
our group of girls at Augusta Beer Bottoms
One of our favorite events of the year!
fun but wet bike ride to the festival
October: Tom and I celebrate our First Wedding Anniversary
hiking and lunch at Cedar Lake Cellars
reading our one year anniversary cards and drinking wine
October: Baby Molly is born
Sweet Molly is born on October 15, 2013
October: Baby Ryan is born
Sweet Ryan is born on October 17, 2013
October: Rau cousins Halloween Party Day

October: Cardinals in Post Season

Tom and I go to the Cards Postseason Game
All Fall: Remembering Dad
A sweet friend puts dad's name at World Series game
Visiting Dad...dad's tree with the leaves changing
Mom and us kids at the Purple Light event for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
November: Turkey Day
Taylor dances in her Senior Turkey Day Pep Rally
Tom and I on Thanksgiving Day
December: The house got decorated

December: Annual Ladies Wine and Appetizer Party
friends that came to join in the holiday wine fun
family at the holiday wine fun
December: Blues Game

December: Girls Night with out of town friends

December: Christmas 2013
Me and Tom in our Christmas PJs
kids opening Christmas presents
Molly on her first Christmas
Annual Christmas stairs picture
December: New Year's Eve
The Mueths and our moms on New Years Eve

Now onto next year. I would be lying if I didn't say I am happy to see 2013 go. I am, however, trying to be more aware of my attitude in 2014. I want to be grateful in good times and bad. I have my "Be Thankful in 2014" jar ready to go! 
Here's to a new year that's bound to be full of blessings!














No comments: