Sunday, November 13, 2011

Girls on the Run

This weekend I had a great time with some of my favorite little people. The weekend started with panini sandwiches and Kinect with Tom's sisters, brother in law, and nephew, Connor. Connor was as cute as ever.
Saturday morning I woke up early to run the Girls on the Run 5K with Delaney. Delaney is my niece who is in fourth grade. The running program promotes positive self esteem and character development. Each semester the program culminates with a 5K at Forest Park. I was excited to run with Delaney and loved watched the thousands of little girls out on the race course. It really was a motivating and fun morning.
Me and Delaney before the race
The Girls on the Run group from Delaney's school
Delaney at the start line
Delaney tackling a large hill
Delaney and her mom running together
Me and Delaney after the race
Sweet Claire came to cheer Delaney on
What a fun morning! I was so proud of her and had a blast running with her.

No comments: