Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some Serious Weather and Dessert

I've had a big week and have a lot to post about. Here's a couple simple things for starters. St. Louis has had some very serious weather in the last week. Tuesday night we got out of class just in time to get home before crazy weather. I decided it was not too bad so I tried to go meet Lara for dinner. It started getting really loud and I thought I hit something. Then I realized it was hailing...HARD. Below is a piece of hail that fell on my car. Scary out there people.
Wednesday night I prepared for a trip to Georgia with my team. Part of preparing means making the girls tons of treats for them to gorge themselves with on the ride. This time I made cake balls. They love these decadent little treats. I also wanted to try a new dessert. It turned out delicious if I do say so myself...and it is SO easy. All you do is buy two fudge brownie mixes. You make one as directed on the box and pour it into a cake pan. You then put three large candy bars on the mix. The second box of brownie mix is then made and poured on top. It looks like the picture below before adding the second mix. Make sure the second mix completely covers the candy bars.
From there you bake the brownies for double the amount of time as you normally would. The final product needs to cool before cutting so the chocolate can re-solidify. It was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to try it with different types of candy bars.
You should try it too!

More to come tomorrow.

No comments: