Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Year In Review

Warning: There are A LOT of pictures in this post.

2011 was an absolutely incredible year. It was a busy one and it went very, very fast but there were few low points and an incredible number of high points. Here are some of my 2011 highlights:


For Tom's 2010 Christmas gift I bought him 2nd row seats to the Blue's game. They were all inclusive and we had a blast watching the game up close. We had so much fun last year we are making it a yearly tradition. January 7th we are sitting 3rd row at Blues vs. Avalanche.
Spring is always a busy time with lacrosse season. This year was even busier as I was completing my master's degree and had two internships on top of practice and my traveling schedule. Needless to say, there are very few pictures from February until the summer.

I did have one shocking and exciting highlight from my lacrosse season. We joined a conference and thus had our first opportunity to be recognized for accomplishments. At our conference banquet I was honored with Coach of Year for the conference. Amanda, in her final year of eligibility, was honored with Conference Player of the Year. I was way more excited for her than for myself. She was ecstatic. Definitely a highlight of my year and my coaching career.
We didn't do much else this spring. It was just SO busy with my internships. When I finally finished my 300 internship hours Tom and I went to the Fountain on Locust and had a dessert martini. I have never felt quite so relieved. I graduated with my master's in counseling in August 2011.
Heather came to visit in May. It was so fun to have her here to visit.
Tom's nephew, Connor, turned 1 in May.
Right after the chaos ended I took my yearly trip out east to coach a tournament lacrosse team. The morning after I returned Tom and I head out to Colorado for a vacation we had been planning. The weather was beautiful and we spent the week enjoying the mountains, snow and sunshine.
On the third day of our trip Tom asked me to marry him and I said "YES!"
Showing off the bling on a very windy Continental Divide hike.
We ended our vacation with a concert at Red Rocks. I saw my favorite band, Dispatch, in a super cool venue. It was incredible.
In July I flew out to see Heather in Portland. We had such a great time exploring the city.
We also ran a half marathon together in wine country.
and visited Multnomah Falls...love these kiddos
It was such a lovely trip. Can't wait to go back!
In August Tom and I went to the Lake of the Ozarks for the weekend to see Tammy, John and Joe. We had a great time hanging out and water skiing.
In September we had a brunch in conjunction with the Greentree Parade. My family got an opportunity to meet some of Tom's family. We had a great meal and the kids all watched the parade. What fun!

Tom got a new backpack and we went backpacking at Hawn State Park for the weekend.
It was so much fun.
Sugarland concert with my sisters (a very Prego Stephanie)
Tom and I celebrated a year to our wedding with a bike ride and brewfest on the Katy Trail.
It was a gorgeous day and we had so much fun.
Heather comes to visit again!
Just in time to see my wedding dress. Love my maitron of honor :)
TJ turns 30...
REESE IS BORN!!! The seventh kiddo has arrived. The fun continues.
In October I got to run my sister's first half marathon with her. It was so fun and she did great.
Another Katy Trail bike ride. This time a Halloween ride near Columbia, MO.
It's always so fun to get these two together.
Dane and Connor- our ring bearers
Halloween trick or treating with the nieces and nephews
They are too adorable
Tom and I went to Ste. Genevieve to visit the Evelsizers and took Dane on a hike
He smiled the whole time. I absolutely loved it.
A visit to Naples, FL and I very fun airboat ride in the beautiful Everglades.
Sweet Joe turns 1!
Christmas is so much fun with all the kids...and a bit chaotic
Last Christmas as Mueth and Rau
New Year's Eve at Kirkwood Station listening to Jake's Leg
I absolutely cannot wait for 2012. I am so excited to marry my best friend, go to Costa Rica on our honeymoon, see another friend get married, welcome more sweet babies into our family and whatever else comes our way! Yay for the New Year!

No comments: