Monday, February 14, 2011

A Beautiful Saturday

This past Saturday was the end of the ice age started. It was over fifty degrees, sunny, and all of the ice from the past two weeks started to melt. I had a lot to get done for my niece's birthday party, but did not want to miss the opportunity to enjoy the weather for a couple of hours. Tom, Lara, Paul, and I made chocolate chip pancakes in the morning then met up with Alex to head to Castlewood State Park. This is the best in local hiking. We decided to try the bluff trail despite the ice and snow still on the ground. At times it was pretty slippery but the weather was beautiful and the trail was doable. I think I was the only one who went down :) Here are some pics from our fun afternoon.
Tom and I at the top of the bluff
Trying to watch and make sure Tom smiled for the pic
Old Frozen Muddy Missouri River

Lara and I at the top of the bluff
Paul, Tom, and Alex...Buddies since grade school
They love each other more than most guys do.

This first hill was a tough climb.

What a great warmer January afternoon. Can't wait for spring!!!

No comments: