Wednesday, December 14, 2011

For the Crafties and Foodies

I have really been enjoying all the fun projects I have been finding on Pinterest lately. I have done multiple projects and made many delicious treats and meals. Below are a couple of my favorites from most recently.

My team has a DIY gift exchange every Christmas. This year I had tons of ideas to choose from as a used Pinterest for my resource. I searched and searched and pinned and pinned. Eventually I decided on a jewelry hanger since my Secret Santa's mom makes jewelry. I bought all the parts from Hobby Lobby. I started with an unfinished wood frame. I spray painted it with gray Krylon spray paint. I then added knobs to the bottom to hang necklaces or bracelets on. (My brother in law did this as it involved sawing and drilling). Then, I painted an E in the middle of a piece of burlap using black acrylic paint. I printed the letter on paper first and taped it behind the burlap to ensure the letter would be perfect. Finally, I attached the burlap using a staple gun and tripped the excess fabric. Here is the final project:

Sorry...couldn't get the photo to turn :)
Burlap to hang earrings and knobs for necklaces and bracelets
And for the foodies:

Last week I made a delicious homemade veggie burger. I got the recipe from a friend. I had never ventured into something like this before and was eager to give it a try. I even took pictures as I went :)
The ingredients

First: cook 1/2 cup brown rice

Heat tbsp. extra virgin olive oil with 1 small yellow onion diced, 2 cloves garlic minced, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt together for 7 minutes

Add a can of black beans and rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes

Add 1 tbsp fresh cilantro and mash with other ingredients to get cohesion

Let the mixture cool until easy to handle.
Form into four patties and allow a few hours in the fridge to set.

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
Sprinkle flour on both sides of the burgers
And grill into browned.

Top with your favorite ingredients and ENJOY!
I used colby jack cheese, avocado and tomato on a sesame bun. YUMMY!

These are some of my favorites from the last couple of weeks. So so pretty and yummy and easy too!

No comments: