Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DISPATCH!!!

I would NEVER go so far as to call myself a music junkie or an avid music fan or even one who knows music. I often listen to songs without a clue as to who I am listening to. However, there is one band that strikes a cord with me unlike any other.
You may recall this entry from last January:
http://katiesfavphotos.blogspot.com/2010/01/no-big-deal.html
I was at the US Lacrosse National Convention and ended up at a breakfast with Brad Corrigan... a band member from my favorite band, Dispatch. I introduced myself, gave him a big hug, and told him how much I love his band.
WELL...today I was bored at work and decided to plan my summer trip to Colorado. We want to plan our trip around something fun out there so I began to search festivals and ended up looking at the the Red Rocks Ampitheater events schedule. OMG Dispatch at Red Rocks on June 4th. My goodness, people, I am so excited. Their last show was in New York in 2007 and that was a reunion show after years off. They are a fabulous band and good people to boot.
SO... In short I am Colorado bound the first week in June and couldn't be more excited about it.

Listen to some Dispatch, specifically Elias... you won't regret it. I may have had two good friends say to me just this month, "Have you ever made a mixed cd without that song on it?" LOVE.

No comments: