Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Snow Day!

It started snowing before 8:00 on Wednesday night. At 8:30 I went to go pick a friend up from the airport and the roads were already pretty bad. As I watched the cancelled schools list grow I suspected I would probably not have to work today. Neither Kirkwood or MoBap had cancelled by the time I went to bed, but when I woke up at 6:00 this morning both were called for the day. I went back to bed for a couple hours while was much needed after fighting cold/allergy junk all week. I bundled up, grabbed my camera, and headed out to do one of my favorite things, take a walk in the snow.
Bundled up and ready to go... it's so much less cold in the right apparel
My parent's..cough...my house :)
The streets weren't yet cleared
Everything was covered with snow
Downtown Kirkwood







Two hours later... I actually wasn't cold, but my face was bright red from windburn and cold.
It was a wonderful way to spend a snow day morning. Yet again I feel lucky to have a job that calls of for snowy weather.

No comments: