Sunday, May 1, 2011

Conference Tournament and Banquet

Easter weekend my team went to Rome, Georgia to compete in the conference tournament. This was an exciting weekend for our team as it was the first year we have been in a conference and thus able to A. make it into a post season tournament and B. receive conference awards.
We wish we would have done better in the tournament but it was still an incredible weekend.
Below are some pictures from the various weekend activities:
The team all dressed up for the conference banquet
They really do love each other this much
The girls on the bridge
The sophomores and my first recruiting class :)
The Juniors
The team again

My favorite part of the weekend was seeing Amanda selected as conference player of the year. Possibly the highlight of my coaching career thus far. She has worked so hard and been through a lot with Mobap lacrosse. After her five years of dedication we finally were in a conference, had subs on the sidelines, and were able to reward her as she deserved. She received first team all conference and CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE YEAR! I did not know she was receiving this honor so I was shocked and SO excited for her. I had talked to her parents and convinced them to come to Georgia and I am so glad they did. I know they wouldn't have missed it for the world.
I was also honored with Conference Coach of the Year
Amanda and me with our awards
Two players on first team, two on second team, and two honorable mention
also, four academic all conference.
So proud of them

The team after our last game.
We lost 18-17. It was a tough loss, but the girls fought hard.
We are excited for next season already!

No comments: