Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You may be familiar...

with this:


I love March Madness. I really only watch one team in the tournament, but I still love to fill out my bracket like I know what I am talking about. Today I was filling out my bracket in the office when one of my players walked in. I immediately told her I was just filling in my bracket... with hopes she would pipe up with her bracket picks. Her response: "what?" 
Me: "bracket, march madness, NCAA basketball tournament". Not a single bell rang. I was shocked. I shared this story with my family tonight. They laughed and found it as shocking as I did. But my mom's response was the best.... 
wait for it.... 
wait for it.... 
"Well, Kate, maybe she isn't from St. Louis." 

You're right, mom, maybe that's why she doesn't know about the NATIONAL basketball tournament.

No comments: