Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just a little weekend getaway

Last week I was sitting in my office when a coach from out East called to see if I could help her with a clinic in Kansas City. She gave me her history of coaching only to discover that she had coached my friends at Davidson College. With that I texted my friends in NYC and promptly decided to buy a ticket. I got a really cheap flight and flew in on Friday night. We spent Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday on Long Island with the Diefendorf family. I met the whole family when I was in Africa and enjoy being around all of them. We visited grandmommy at the nursing home, sat by the fire, had breakfast at the diner, played games, went to church, and played paddle ball. It was SO fun! 

After church on Sunday we went into the city to stay at Whit and Emily's apartment. Monday morning Whitney and I walked through Central Park before breakfast. I had lunch with my cousin I hadn't seen since I was 12 which was awesome. I also saw Jamie for some afternoon coffee. It was an incredible day spent walking around the city and enjoying time with people. 

What a wonderful trip. I didn't take many pictures, but below are some I captured for those of you who may ask :) 

Central Park
In Times Square after lunch with Cousin Sarah
Adorable Diefendorf Nephew, Anderson
Jenny Dief and Anderson

No comments: