Thursday, January 29, 2009

One of my favorite things...

While I was in New York this past weekend I kept reading facebook statuses that read, "Watching the snow fall", "Yay it's snowing" "Snow finally"... you get the picture. I was sure there was a blizzard in St. Louis and I was missing it. However, when I landed Tuesday morning I found that the grass was barely covered... and then it started to fall. And kept falling. 
It was glorious. I got to do my favorite thing. 
I bundled up. 
Grabbed my ipod. 
Stuck in my headphones. 
And set off for a long winter's walk. 
With snow still falling I walked through a very quiet downtown Kirkwood, and loved every second of my stroll. I really don't know why I love it so much, but I absolutely do. 
One of my very favorite things in life is taking a walk by myself in a snow storm. Love. 
Below are some pics I captured on my phone. I thought the VERY slow moving train looked cool with the snow. 


No comments: