Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February Fun Numero Tres

To Some it's coincidence. To me, God orchestrated. 

It's been cool to see, to say the least. I feel like I always have a plan for how things should or could go. 
God always has a different plan. For that I am sure.. and grateful. I will spare you all the details, but let me give you a couple big ones. 

My career: 
I went to college to be an elementary school teacher. I quickly realized that wasn't right for me and switched to middle school ed. I was very happy there for most of my schooling. However, during student teaching I began to doubt teaching. I filled out the REAP application online and received a couple bites from school districts. After three interviews I got a job in one particular school district and began my career as an 8th grade english teacher. 
WORST YEAR EVER! seriously it was hard. I cried, I was tired, I flat out hated my job. I had problems with coworkers, kids, administration, you name it. After a conversation with my principal I turned in my letter of resignation before Spring Break... and sobbed. I had NO idea what I would do with my life. I kept coaching because that is what I loved. I didn't love teaching and was now on a search for a job. Two years later: I am happier than I have ever been. Had I had a good first year teaching I would probably still be there and I would be missing out on the greatest job ever. 

My current place of residence: 
I was supposed to move to Colorado in July. The apartment was set. Moving truck was ready. I only stayed for a job that was offered at the last minute. There have been many things to stay for besides just my sweet job. My dad had open heart surgery two weeks after I was going to move. I couldn't imagine being two states away for that. My sister got married, my other sister had a baby, my brother will be getting married, and another sister is having a baby. This would have been a horrible time to be two states away. That's all I really wanted, but I am glad I didn't get it. 

All this to say that half my faith and belief are based on the fact that I know God has orchestrated my life. It's not all about good things happening for me. It's about the "Lord knowing the plans he has for me to prosper and not to harm, to give a hope and a future". 
The road has not been easy, but the destination is worth it. I believe I am still going down that road, but I am thankful for the many amazing and gratifying rest stops I have seen along the road. 

No comments: